The Best Of Bishop Arts District
Located in the heart of North Oak Cliff, the Bishop Arts District is home to over 60 independent boutiques, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and art galleries, making it one of Dallas’ most unique neighborhoods.
The Bishop Arts District is a neighborhood located in North Oak Cliff, Dallas. Once known as one of the best hidden treasures in Dallas, it is now home to more than 60 boutiques, restaurants, bars, coffee shops and art galleries. It is one of the most unique neighborhoods in all of Dallas and continues to grow in popularity. If you’re looking for a fun day (or night) out, be sure to check out some of the unique places listed below.
The Bishop Arts District is rich in history and was the site of Dallas’ busiest trolley stop in the 1930s. Since the area’s revitalization, the Bishop Arts District has been featured in the New York Times, USA Today, and The Daily Beast for its small-town feel, hidden-gem appeal, and close-knit community.
The neighborhood hosts family-friendly events like wine walks and street fairs throughout the year and is a must-see for anyone visiting Dallas. It was once a thriving artist’s paradise and now has become a historic site.
It is a vibrant and eclectic area in Dallas that is known for its art galleries, trendy restaurants, and lively nightlife. The district is just 10 minutes south of downtown Dallas and is home to a wide variety of businesses, including art galleries, specialty shops, performance venues, and more than 25 restaurants. There are also several wine bars in the district that offer unique tastings and wine-pairing menus. The Bishop Arts District hosts several events throughout the year, including street fairs, wine walks, and holiday celebrations.
Some popular restaurants in the Bishop Arts District in Dallas are:
- The Grapevine Restaurant and Wine Bar – This upscale restaurant serves gourmet French-American cuisine in a sophisticated setting. Guests can enjoy their meal while sipping on one of the many wines available for purchase at the restaurant.
- La Duni – This Mediterranean-style spot is known for its fresh seafood and handmade pastas. Guests can enjoy lunch or dinner on the patio, which overlooks Bishop Street.
- Barley House – This pub is known for its wide selection of beer and whiskey. It also serves American fare such as burgers and sandwiches.
- The Comet – This bar is known for its live music, which takes place every night. It also serves American fare such as burgers, pizza and salads.
There are also some great shopping choices in the area. Some fairly-frequented shops in Bishop Arts District are:
- The Bishop Arts General Store – This shop is known for its locally-made gifts and souvenirs. It also sells a variety of home decor items including candles, pillows and blankets.
- The Vintage Company – This shop is known for its vintage items, which include furniture, clothing and jewelry.
- Bishop Arts Stationery – This shop is known for its handmade cards and stationery.
- The Bishop Arts Co-Op – This shop is a great place to find locally made goods including jewelry, pottery and paintings.
- The Bishop Arts Theatre – This theatre is one of the area’s most popular attractions and it shows independent films, documentaries, and classic movies.
Bishop Street Market
Bishop Street Market is one of the oldest businesses in the Bishop Arts District. It’s a great place to find unique gift ideas for anyone who already has everything. Plus, Bonnie and Clyde used to hang out here!
Bishop Street Market is a store in the Bishop Arts District that specializes in selling unique items like Blue Dahlia’s jewelry. There are many interesting businesses located on Bishop, such as Davis Street Mercantile, DIRT Flowers, Dolly Python, Ely Artisan Jewelry, Epiphany Boutique, Fete-ish, Golden Flamant, Good Cycle Home and so many more.
Welcome to this little tour by Bishop Arts District, Dallas, TX 75208, starting in Our Bishop Arts STEAM Academy, 201 N Adams Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, you must go up onto N Adams Ave and when you get to La Paisanita Taqueria turn left onto W Davis St towards Sherwin-Williams Paint Store and your destination will be 4 blocks away, after passing N Van Buren Ave
Now we are going to Paqueteria A Mexico, 717 W 9th St, Dallas, TX 75208, so leaving the medical spa, take W Davis St to the west and turn left onto N Vernon Ave and after passing by Better Block Home Office turn left again to get to Paqueteria A Mexico, 717 W 9th St, Dallas, TX 75208.
Our next stop is really near and is really easy to go from here, It’s the Bishop North, 200 N Bishop Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, so leaving the shipping and mailing service you must take W 9Th St to the west, towards S.S Motorwerks and continue for 3 blocks, then you get Bishop North, 200 N Bishop Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, next to Jungle Studio Fitness
Now we are going to Trinity Church Bishop Arts, 300 W Eighth St, Dallas, TX 75208, and to do that we need to take W 9th St to the East and turn left after passing by the Vascular Access Center of Dallas onto N Madison Ave and after passing by Tracy Popken you will see the church on the left
Now we are heading to The EvenExchange, 815 W Eighth St Apt.1, Dallas, TX 75208, so leaving the church, take the N Madison Ave to the north and after passing by the tourism attraction Love Equation turn left onto W Davis St pass by Stock & barrel and Amegy Bank
And when you get to Sweet 200 turn Left onto N Vernon Ave, once you get to W Eighth St turn right to get to The EvenExchange, 815 W Eighth St Apt.1, Dallas, TX 75208
Lets go to Bishop Flats, 305 Melba St, Dallas, TX 75208 next, so leaving The EvenExchange, 815 W Eighth St Apt.1, Dallas, TX 75208, you must take W Eighth St to the East and 5 blocks away, after you pass by The Wild Detectives turn right onto N Madison Ave and when you get to Tracy Popken turn right onto Melba St to get to Bishop Flats, 305 Melba St, Dallas, TX 75208,
Now let’s go to one of our nicest places The Madison at Bishop Arts Apartments, 120 N Madison Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, so leaving the Flats you must take Melba St to the East and turn right to get to the apartments just in front of the Vasculas Access Center of Dallas
Next stop: Bishop Arts Station, Dallas, TX 75208, so leaving the apartments, take N Madison Ave to the north, and when you get to Neighborhood Cellar turn right onto W Davis St and when you get to the Davis at Zang -E- NS turn right onto N Zang Blvd to reach Bishop Arts Station, Dallas, TX 75208.
Now we are moving to The Medlin Law Firm, 2550 Pacific Ave #834, Dallas, TX 75226, so, leaving the Station you must take N Zang Blvd to the south and turn left onto W Eighth St, once you get to Oak Cliff Auto Electric Repair make a left on N Beckley Ave and continue until you get to the Oswald Rooming House Museums then turn slightly to the right onto N Zang Blvd towards Rose Garden Pavilion, continue until N Zang Blvd turns into Marsalis Jefferson and take the Jefferson Blvd Viaduct, then take S Market St and when you get to the Market at Young -N- MB bus stop, turn right onto Young St and passing by the Dallas Scottish Rite make a left onto Cesar Chavez Blvd and make a right when you get to Pacific Ave to get to your destination before reaching the Gaston at Good Latimer -N- NS
(214) 888-4810 We cannot receive pictures via text so please send those via email or hand deliver to our office.
(214) 888-4810 No podemos recibir imágenes por mensaje de texto, así que envíelas por correo electrónico o entréguelas personalmente en nuestra oficina.