A Comprehensive Guide For U.S. Immigration

The United States is a great place to live. It’s got everything you may want. It has one of the world’s most thriving economies and the most diverse population in the world. The country has a long list of cities that are known for their vibrant cultures, beautiful scenery, and great food.

But if you’re not an American citizen, there are some things you won’t be able to do as easily as other people who have U.S citizenship. If you’re in the U.S. on a Student Visa or Work Visa and want to stay longer, you’ll need to get permanent residency status. This is also known as a Green Card.

Luckily, getting your Green Card isn’t too hard. In this guide, you will learn every step of the immigration process. You will get to know how long it takes and what kinds of documentation are required along the way. More here.

Learn About The Benefits Of Having A Green Card From Immigration Attorneys Who Are Here To Serve YouWhen you’ve been living in the United States for a long time, it’s time to apply for a Green Card. A Green Card is an official document that allows you to live and work in America permanently. But the immigration application process can be confusing. This is especially true if you’re from another country. 

Thus, it is crucial to have an immigration attorney to assist you. They can help you navigate the application process and get your Green Card as quickly and easily as possible.

Obtaining a Green Card requires a lot of preparation, paperwork, and patience. This guide will teach you about the different types of Green Cards, how to apply for one, and what it means for your life once you get one.

What Is A Green Card?

The Green Card is the informal name of the Lawful Permanent Resident Card. It is issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to immigrants allowing them to live and work in the country permanently.

This card is also known as Permanent Residence Card or Lawful Permanent Residence Card. It also serves as proof of legal status in the country and can be used as a travel document when traveling outside of the country.

A Green Card or a Permanent Resident Card:

  • Gives you official immigration status in the United States.
  • Entitles you to certain rights and responsibilities.
  • Is required if you want to naturalize as a U.S. Citizen.

A Green Card is an official document that gives you permission to live and work in the United States permanently. It also allows you to travel outside of the country and return with no problem. There are two main types of Green Cards: employment-based and family-based. Other types include refugee/asylum status and Diversity Lottery Visas. 

To apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the following categories:

Green Card Through Family

Green Cards through family connections can be the most convenient and affordable way of obtaining permanent residency. Family-based Visas allow a person to become a legal resident of the United States.

The US government can issue Green Cards to immigrants who are family members of US citizens or lawful permanent residents. The process for obtaining a Green Card through a family member is different from the process for obtaining one through employment. There are two main ways to obtain a Green Card through the family.

First, you may be eligible to apply for a Visa based on your relationship with a US citizen spouse or parent who is willing to petition for you. The process involves filing an application and going through extensive background checks, interviews, and other steps before you can receive your Green Card.

The Fiancé Visa is also known as the K-1 Visa, and it allows you to enter the U.S. if you are engaged to marry a U.S. citizen. This method is often used when you want to bring your fiancé over to meet your family before getting married in the U.S.

Green Card Through Employment

An employment-based Green Card allows immigrants who have been sponsored by an employer or company to work legally in the United States. These are commonly referred to as H1B Visas because they were originally designed specifically for high-skilled workers from abroad who would be hired by companies with offices in the United States. 

There are also L1 Visas for U.S. company employees from overseas. H1B Visas are for those who plan to work as a professional for a US-based company or organization. On the other hand, L1 Visas are reserved for those who already work for a foreign branch of a US-based company.

To be sponsored by an employer, you will need to obtain an approved immigrant petition from the USCIS. This means that your employer must provide evidence that they have sufficient resources to support their employees and pay them at least minimum wage. 

In addition, they must be able to prove that they can meet all requirements under state and federal law. If all requirements are met, then they will be able to file an approved petition on your behalf with the USCIS. Once this process has been completed successfully, then you will be eligible for a Green Card at that time.

You are eligible to apply for a Green Card if you pass as a first preference immigrant worker. Meaning you possess exceptional ability in the sciences, education, arts, athletics, or business. You also file an application if you are an outstanding researcher or professor. If you are an executive who meets certain criteria, then you may be eligible to apply as a skilled worker.

If you are a second-preference immigrant worker, you may also take your shots at applying for a Green Card. Second preference means you are a member of a profession that requires an advanced degree. Or you may have exceptional ability in the sciences, business, or arts.

Green Card As A Special Immigrant

Trusted Immigration Attorneys

The United States has a system of immigration that allows people to come to the country if they meet certain requirements. One of these is called a special immigrant Visa.

There are many ways to come to America as a religious worker. If you’re a member of a religious denomination, and you’re coming to the U.S. to work for a nonprofit religious organization, you may be eligible for a special immigrant Visa. If you are under 21 years old or have been abused or neglected by your parents, you may be eligible for an asylum application.

If you were an Afghan or Iraqi translator or interpreter for the U.S. government. Or if you are an Iraqi employed by the U.S. government, then you may be eligible for special immigrant status as well.

If you’re coming to work in America as a member of the media for USAGM or U.S. Agency for Global Media or one of its grantees, then you can also apply for special immigrant status under this category. 

How To Obtain A Green Card

Getting a Green Card in Texas can be a challenge. There are several ways to do so, but it’s important that you know what your options are before making any decisions. 

Most applicants for a Green Card will need to file two types of forms – a Green Card application or Form I-485 and an immigrant petition. Someone can file the petition on your behalf. They can sponsor or petition for you, but there are cases when you can do it by yourself. Here are common forms to fill out and file.

  • Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal.
  • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
  • Form I-730, Asylee/Refugee Relative Petition.
  • Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker.

The I-130, Petition for Alien Relative form is used to apply for lawful permanent resident status for your spouse, parent, or child. While, the I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker form is used to apply for a Green Card based on employment. 

The I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition form is used to apply for refugee status for your spouse, parent or child if they are outside the United States and if you are in the U.S. 

The I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal form is used to apply for asylum if you can show that your life or freedom would be threatened if you returned to your native country.

Let An Immigrant Attorney In Fort Worth TX Help

Obtaining a Green Card is not a simple or easy process. It requires a significant investment of time and money. Hiring an immigration lawyer is the best way to ensure that you get through the process with as few problems as possible. 

Immigration lawyers are attorneys who help individuals and families navigate the complex immigration process. They help clients understand their rights and responsibilities under current immigration laws and regulations. Immigration lawyers also assist clients in applying for Visas or Green Cards, which allow them to live permanently in the U.S.

Immigration attorneys from The Medlin Law Firm in Fort Worth TX use their skills and experience in immigration law to help clients navigate the complicated process of obtaining their Green Card. They are aware of how important it is for you to obtain it quickly. They also assist with other documents necessary for citizenship. 

More about us.


(682) 204-4066 We cannot receive pictures via text so please send those via email or hand deliver to our office.

(682) 204-4066 No podemos recibir imágenes por mensaje de texto, así que envíelas por correo electrónico o entréguelas personalmente en nuestra oficina.


(682) 204-4066 We cannot receive pictures via text so please send those via email or hand deliver to our office.

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap