Aggressive DWI/DUI Defense
Dedicated DWI & Dui Defense For Fort Worth, Tarrant County And All Of Texas
When it comes to defending yourself against DWI or DUI, experience and insight are among your greatest assets. As a Texas DWI-DUI defense attorney for more than 32 years, I have established an extremely successful record defending these types or arrest and alcohol-related cases. That makes me uniquely qualified to handle even the most complicated aspects of your DWI litigation.
Some strategies we use at The Medlin Law Firm, include:
- Whether or not police acted within the law when they pulled you over. Was there reason for the initial stop?
- Was there a legally valid reason for the police to order you out of the car?
- Did the arrest follow legal statutes and guidelines?
- Was proper procedure followed when you were stopped your blood alcohol level was tested?
- Was the breath-testing equipment properly calibrated and maintained?
- Was the test properly administered?
Texas prosecution must prove every element of their cases beyond a reasonable doubt. I know how to stay ahead of the prosecution by aggressively investigating the charges against you. Our firm’s extensive knowledge of field sobriety tests, and skill with cross-examining arresting officers to establish flaws in their procedure creates a solid basis for a strong defense.
My commitment to you is that I will work tirelessly to uncover any procedural errors or violations of your constitutional rights that can be used to defend you against these charges and ensure that your rights are fully protected. What’s more, I begin every case with the goal of getting your case “dismissed” or reduced, preventing the loss of your driver’s license, and keeping your criminal record clear. The best scenario for you is always the approach I will pursue.
Understanding The Difference Between DWI And DUI In Texas
The State of Texas classifies the charges for DUI and DWI differently from each other. As a result, the best strategies for defense are also different.
- DWI – “Driving While Intoxicated” This can apply to adults or minors. Two types of proof can be offered regarding intoxication:An alcohol concentration of 0.08 or above
Not having normal use of mental or physical faculties due to the consumption of alcohol, drugs, or both.
- DUI – “Driving Under the Influence” In Texas, DUI applies only to minors. Because Texas is a zero-tolerance State for anyone under the age of 21 with any detectable amount of alcohol in their systems while driving. There are no “legal” limits or acceptable blood alcohol levels for those under the age of 21.As an experienced DWI and DUI attorney with a proven track record, Gary Medlin can help you fully protect your rights or the rights of your child if faced with these charges.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (817) 422-0589